For some reason, a lot of WordPress 2.5 to WordPresss 2.6 upgrader continue to suffer in this “weird bug”.Â I’m also become a victim of this Bug when I upgraded my WordPress from v2.3x to WordPress 2.5, I though I’m gonna stuck back again to stone age where I need to FTP my image and point to that directory. So what’s the purpose of the upgrade if that will be the case, right? So why not we enjoy the power of the future, the WordPress 2.6 power!
If you think uploading image to your post is a pain in your butt well this is your lucky day (I guess), for sure changing the setting permission to chmod 755 or 777 not work as well to you? simply because that was not the problem but if you still not try that before I will suggest try my suggestion first and then lets check your file permission chmod later. Let’s straight to the solution now.
How To Fix”Unable to create directory”:
1. Log-in to your WordPress admin page.
2. Go to SETTINGS –> MISCELLANEOUS.
3. Â At the “Uploading” section, make sure that the box is empty if not delete all the text input inside – “STORE UPLOADS IN THIS FOLDER andÂ FULL URL PATH TO FILES (OPTIONAL).”
4. Or you may put the default setting at Â “STORE UPLOADS IN THIS FOLDER: =>Â wp-content/uploads” (see the picture below).
5. In my case, I notice as shown in the picture below that my text at “STORE UPLOADS IN THIS FOLDER” had a two backslash before “wp-content/uploads” and this is the reason that result the error and when I delete the two backslash everything went normal again. So better check this and make sure that you input the right text as sample without the “//” and that’s it!!!
Enjoy WordPress 2.6!